This is the birth story of my second son, born March 2017. This was my second natural, no-intervention birth. I hope it is an encouragement to you that you can have a supernatural birth too!
I woke up at 2 am on the morning of my due date to the familiar waves of contractions. The waves were gentle, but consistent. I listened closely to my body as each one washed over me. I began to time the contractions and called Amanda, sharing the exciting news in between the heavy breaths that accompanied my contractions. Then, I called my midwife. We agreed that I would labor at home as long as possible before leaving for the birth center which was an hour away.
I laid back in bed, but the increasingly strong contractions and my excitement thwarted my best efforts to sleep. Soon, at around 6 am, my instincts urged me to leave for the birth center as soon as possible. I woke up our 1.5 year old son and carried him to the car. As we drove to the birth center, we listened to Childbirth in the Glory. My husband, son, and I prayed over the birth and life of our newest family member. I could feel God’s power and strength buoy me through each wave of contraction.
We arrived at the birth center an hour later, around 7 am. I was 8 cm dilated; each contraction swelled bigger and washed over me with increasing force. Childbirth in the Glory was still playing on repeat and I could feel the tangible presence of the Lord carrying me through each contraction. The room was so quiet, peaceful and awash with the power of the Holy Spirit. The homelike, comfortable environment of the birth center’s room reminded me of the homebirth of my first son and instantly put me at ease. My husband and son kissed and stroked me through each contraction. I retreated to the dark quiet of the bathroom where I paced, stood and waited. Before I knew it, I felt a strong urge to push. My husband sensed it too and got ready to catch the baby. Two pushes later, Asher David Hull was in my arms at 8:28 am. I snuggled his warm, perfect body on my bare chest. Shortly after, I delivered the placenta and Asher latched as I basked in the beauty of my baby and my glorious, supernatural birth.
Three Things For A Supernatural Birth:
- Childbirth in the Glory – These AMAZING childbirth affirmation are based in scripture and are powerful truths that kept me fearless and faithful.
- Red Raspberry Leaf Tea – Drinking 1-2 cups daily of red raspberry leaf tea helped tone my uterus and make each of my contractions super efficient and my labor easy and quick.
- Letting go of fear of pain allowed me to embrace my birth experience and go with the flow rather than fighting against it. Each contraction is a wonderful thing because it brings us closer and closer to holding our babies.
Other Recommended Resources:
- The Mama Natural Week-By-Week Guide To Pregnancy & Childbirth – My favorite pregnancy resource out there.
- The documentary, Microbirth. Wellness Mama has a great FREE podcast with Toni Harman, the documentary filmmaker, here.