See our camel milk taste-test video here or by scrolling to the bottom of this post.
I recently had the opportunity to sample fresh camel milk. Since camel milk is not very popular in the States, I was honestly a little skeptical about whether or not I would enjoy it.
To my surprise, the whole family liked camel milk and thought it had a delightfully sweet and creamy taste. It’s pure white color is beautiful too.
In our family’s opinion, it tastes similar to cow’s milk but the texture is less thick, although it still tastes very creamy. Not only does it taste delicious, but the nutritional benefits are also impressive.
Benefits of Camel Milk:
- It has higher levels of potassium, iron, and vitamin C than cow’s milk. It’s also lower in fat (only 2-3% fat).
- It’s high in immunoglobulins and some have reported that these immune-boosting properties have helped heal allergies, autism (source), and even autoimmune issues.
- In this study camel milk alleviated food allergies in 100% of participants.
- It does not contain A1 casein and lactoglobulin – the proteins found in cow’s milk that some people are allergic to.
- It’s more similar to human breastmilk than cow’s milk and is used around the world as a supplement to breastmilk.
- It contains an insulin-like molecule which make it a good option for diabetics.
Where Can You Buy Camel Milk?
As you probably already know, camel milk isn’t readily available at your local grocery store. Although there are a few Amish camel dairy farms in this part of the world, you’re best bet is to buy it online. Because camel milk isn’t regulated in the same way as other animal milks, even raw camel milk can be purchased online and mailed right to your door.
Desert Farms Camel Milk
Desert Farms sells pasture raised, grass-fed camel milk that is bottled right at the farm and shipped to your door. They also offer probiotic-rich kefir, colostrum, milk powder, soap, and even milk beauty products! You can choose from raw and pasteurized options and find some more information about the potential benefits of camel milk on their website. Check them out here to get $20 off your first order!
Let me know – have you tried camel milk? Any interest?