Family and friends often ask what health products I use or recommend. In this natural living resources page you’ll find all my top picks. Please note that many of these are affiliate links. If you purchase items through the links on this page, the price is no different for you and I make a small commission that helps support my blog work and family. Thanks for your support!
Health Products I Use Daily
We take probiotics every day for gut, immune, and overall health. We rotate through the following:
- Prescript-Assist Probiotic
- Bio-Kult Advanced Probiotic Multi-Strain Formula
- Bio-Kult Infantis (Probiotics for Infants with Vitamin D3 and Omega 3s.)
- ProBiota Infant Powder
I take this prenatal by Seeking Health during pregnancy and while breastfeeding. I like that it does not contain synthetic folic acid. They also make a prenatal in food powder form if swallowing pills isn’t your thing.
Cod Liver Oil
We take Fermented Cod Liver Oil daily for the Omega 3s it contains.
I use this Magnesium Oil by Activation Products. It has helped with restless leg syndrome during pregnancy and greatly improves my sleep when I use it before bed. Magnesium is needed for more than 300 biochemical reactions in the body, but studies have found that most Americans do not get the minimum daily requirement.
Coconut oil is my favorite oil in the kitchen. I add a few tablespoons each day to my morning smoothie and use it to cook. We also use it for oil pulling and in homemade beauty recipes. Our family usually buys the 5 gallon pail of coconut oil from Tropical Traditions and I also like the Nutiva brand.
Camu Camu Powder
Camu camu is an amazing source of vitamin C and we take it during cold and flu season.
Gelatin & Collagen Powder
I love the Perfect Supplements line of products. My favorite products:
- Hydrolyzed Collagen – I put 1-2 scoops in my morning smoothie daily and it has really strengthened my hair and nails and improved my skin.
- Bovine Gelatin – I use this grass-fed gelatin in my healthy homemade jello and marshmallows.
- Desiccated Liver – Liver (like other organ meats) is a humble superfood. It’s an excellent protein, contains highest vitamin A content of any food, contains all the B vitamins, and one of the best sources of folate and iron, among others. I make sure to consume liver regularly during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Spirulina Powder – A miracle food. It detoxes heavy metals, balances the microbiome, strengthens the immune system, prevents disease, boosts energy, and speeds up weight loss.
Greak Lakes Unflavored Beef Gelatin from Amazon is also good.
Earth Runners Minimalist Sandals
Hands down, these are our favorite shoes!
More Everyday Beauty Products
I use this brand of activated charcoal to whiten teeth. It’s great in drawing salves and in cases of food poisoning.
This brand of raw food grade cocoa butter is delicious smelling! I use cocoa butter in my homemade beauty products like my Minty Cocoa Lip Balm.
I use bentonite clay in my homemade tooth powder recipe.
Everyday Baby & Kid Items
Natursutten makes my favorite BPA free natural rubber pacifier. I like the hygienic one piece design without any joints or cracks where dirt, hair, and bacteria can accumulate. My baby has used the $9 6-12 month size since she was 4 months.
These organic swaddles with velcro are super convenient. My first daughter couldn’t stand being swaddled but my second daughter can’t sleep if she isn’t in a swaddle!
These Organic Cotton Muslin Swaddle Blankets are so soft and beautiful. They also have a lifetime guarantee, so you can’t go wrong with that. You can feel good knowing that the organic cotton isn’t exposing them to more unnecessary chemicals. We use swaddles as towels, blankets, and burp cloths too.
We’ve never found the need for a fancy bouncer for our babies. This simple bouncer chair works great.
The Bumbleride Speed Jogging Stroller is the best in my opinion. Although I don’t own one, I’ve done a lot of research on strollers and this Bumbleride Indie Twin Stroller is on my dream list! I love that Bumbleride’s strollers have:
- Eco fabrics featuring recycles plastics
- Oeko-Tex and Bluesign System Partner Fabric Certifications
- Air filled tires
- 3 year warranty & lifetime customer care
- My daughter loves the sounds, smells, and sighs of Sophie the Giraffe Rubber Teether toy.
- This non-toxic Manhattan Toy Skwish Classic Rattle and Teether Grasping Activity Toy is also a winner.
- We also love these Montessori Inspired All-Natural Wooden Baby Toys that are made in the USA.
So far, our favorite children’s book authors are Sandra Boynton and Lucy Cousins. Our favorite books:
- Boynton’s Greatest Hits: Volume 1
- Boynton’s Greatest Hits: Volume 2
- Noah’s Ark by Cousins
- Maisy Cleans Up by Cousins
- Maisy’s Amazing Big Book of Words by Cousins – My toddler will sit and look through this one for a long time. It’s filled with cute pictures and words that she can recognize and learn.
Our Favorite Toys
1. Gorilla Gym Kids Deluxe with Indoor Swing, Plastic Rings, Trapeze Bar, Climbing Ladder, and Swinging Rope – http://amzn.to/2hgNCKk
2. Folding Trampoline – http://amzn.to/2gn69XZ
3. All Natural Paint Kits – http://amzn.to/2guQpRg
4. 100% Pure Beeswax Crayons – http://amzn.to/2gn31LQ
5. Pots and Pans Pretend Play Kitchen Set for Kids – http://amzn.to/2guQLHz
6. LCD Writing Tablet – http://amzn.to/2gn7L3X
7. Baby Teether Toys – Soft Silicone Fruit Teething Toys Set For Toddlers & Infants, Baby Gum Massager by Ashtonbee – http://amzn.to/2gkN8AR
8. RAINBOW Stacker – http://amzn.to/2gn36PG
9. Holztiger Animals – http://amzn.to/2gn94Qp
Everyday Kitchen Items
This isn’t just a blender…it’s a Vitamix. We use it multiple times per day, everyday!
This Cuisinart Multiclad Stainless Steel Cookware Set is amazing quality for the price. We use it everyday.
- We avoid plastic as much as possible and use these silicone ice cube trays to make ice and chocolate.
- The durable bamboo cutting boards I use. Again, no plastic.
- A spiralizer is a wonderful tool for making veggies noodles. Sweet potato and zucchini “noodles” are my fave.
- We use these Quart Mason Jars for homemade yogurt and drinking.
- We use this USA made, lead free dispenser jar for continuous brew kombucha.
Herbs & Spices
- Bay Leaf
- Ceylon Cinnamon
- Chili Powder
- Coriander Seed Powder
- Garlic Granules/Powder
- Onion Powder
- Sea Salt
- We own several of these Himalayan Salt Lamps. They have a very warm and relaxing amber glow and are supposed to purify the air.
- We also have one of these Air Purifying Activated Bamboo Charcoal bags in every room.
Essential Oil Diffuser
Diffusing is another wonderful way to benefit from the therapeutic properties of essential oils. This Advanced Aromatherapy Nebulizing Diffuser is my personal favorite.
We use an Aquacera Pioneer SS Gravity Water Filter. It’s very portable and we take it when we travel too.